Originally I had planned for this wingback to serve as a desk chair, but once we had it in place it looked so perfect in the corner paired with a reading lamp and footstool, so stay in the corner it did. I added a white slipped parson's chair to the desk instead.
I found the chair at a consignment store for $50. It is brand new. It came from inventory in a furniture store that was going out of business. I knew I wanted a blue ticking slip, but a fresh ticking not a homespun country ticking. So, I ordered lots of samples and settled on an inexpensive white and blue that feels perfectly fresh and just country enough, without conjuring up images of shops filled with cranberry and cinnamon scented candles. You know what I mean? Maybe it's just a midwestern thing, but we have lots of those shops!
It really helped to see all the samples side by side, as well as paired along with the other fabrics I used in the room. I also did a lot of pinterest searching to see examples of some of these fabric in use. I happily found several really pretty options that would have all worked well. Hopefully, these pictures are a helpful guide for your next ticking project! I love some of them for their names alone, Wellfleet Ticking, Nantucket Chambray, see why I conjure up visions of a seaside cottage ...
^^ See left (Covington Classics New Woven Ticking 55 Navy) is more cream and navy and right (Covington Classics New Woven Ticking 51 Denim) is more white and lighter blue? The fabric on the right is the one I ended up using because it felt crisper in this room against the darker walls. It looks a little lighter blue in this picture because of lighting, see pic below for more accurate color ^^
^^ zoom in to really see difference in each of these samples.^^
1. Ian Mankin Ticking 01 Sky
2. Serena & Lily Indigo Pinstripe Cotton F2-3019A
3. Magnolia Home Fashions Ticking Stripe Denim (decorativefabricsdirect.com)
4. Ian Mankin Ticking 2 Sky
5. Covington Classics New Woven Ticking 51 Denim Blue (my slipcover fabric)
6. Serena & Lily Oxford Stripe Cotton F2-3025A || same as Lee Industry Nantucket Chambray
7. Ian Mankin Ticking 01 Indigo
8. 47 ACA Blue Ticking (Online Fabric Store (dot) Net) - very thick cotton)
9. Ian Mankin Ticking 2 Airforce (I almost chose this one)
10. Trend, pattern #02977, Indigo
11. Covington Classics New Woven Ticking 55 Navy
12. Schumacher Wesley Ticking Stripe, Delft
13. Essex, French Blue, DE01, Housefabric.com
14. Robert Allen, Ticking, Caviar
15. Magnolia Home, Ticking Stripe, Navy ( decorativefabricsdirect.com)
16. Schumacher, Wellfleet Ticking, Ocean
17. Magnolia Home Fashions, Polo Sail (decorativefabricsdirect.com)