I love hearning about the books others are reading.
So I thought maybe I should share mine.
I had every intention of doing this in the summer, but I never got around to it
and truth be told, nothing was that amazing that I'd rush to share it with someone.
I'm not sure any of these will be either, I'll let you know when I finish.
Here's what I'm reading (or planning on reading) this fall:
1. The Romantics by Galt Niederhoffer - I saw the movie trailer and wanted to read the book, despite the somewhat sub-par book reviews. I'm halfway in and it's pretty good, though not great. The writing won't blow you away but I like reading a book before I see the movie to understand the little nuisances that can only be told in writing and not through film.
2. Lift by Kelly Corrigan - I read this as soon as I got it. It's short. (less than an hour of reading). It's a mother's love letter to her daughters. I thought it was Beautiful. Real. Honest. You read it and you relate to this mother. You relate to the love she has for her girls. You relate to her hopes, her shortcomings, her perspective on all of it. A bit like I relate to certain bloggers I've never met.
3. Boy Still Missing by John Searles
4. We Were the Mulvaney's by Joyce Carole Oates
5. The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton
6. The Evidence Against Her by Robb Forman Dew
7. Happiness Sold Separately by Lolly Winston
8. Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah
So what about you? What's on your nightstand? Share, Share, Share...