The weather is glorious. The windows have been open all day.
The house smells of fresh air and berry pies.
Does it get any better?!
I made a few changes to the recipe I posted.
Thought I'd share.
1. I used 6 oz blackberries, 6 oz blueberries and 6 oz raspberries.
2. I used this pie crust recipe instead. I put the dough in the fridge for 1 hour before rolling it out.
3. I cooked the pies for about 15 minutes longer than recipe says. This might be because of the dough I made and the thickness of the sheet pan I placed the pies on.
4. I only had 6 tartlet pans (with removable bottoms), but had enough dough and berries to make 7 or maybe even 8 if I rolled the dough a little thinner.
5. Also, I didn't put the pies in the freezer after they were assembled. Not enough time.
The crust was nice and flaky regardless.
They are pretty and taste goooood.