1. I use more than 2 cups of bread cubes. I'm guessing 3-4. You can see it fills up my very large skillet.
2. After the bread has browned and is nice and toasty I remove it from the pan and set it aside. This way it doesn't get all soggy cooking along side the tomatoes.
3. I mix the tomatoes, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper in the same dish I plan to bake them in. That way I save on clean up.
4. When the tomatoes are cooking they might look a little liquidy, don't worry. Do not cook them too long, you'll want them to keep their shape.
6. Then pop it in it the oven, just like Ina says to.
7. And after about 30 minutes, you will get this delicious concoction.
I have no will power with this dish what-so-ever. I could eat the entire thing.
Invite over your parents and their lovely dog, Miss Emma.
Then spoil your toddler's appetite with a Popsicle before dinner
Let him share with his best friend.
Enjoy some chicken along side those tomatoes.
And finish up with smores for dessert
And that's how it's done around here on a long weekend!